Under normal conditions, the white blood cells will be developed at regular intervals at the time of the body to eradicate an infection that appears. Yet another case of people with blood cancer. The bone marrow produces white blood cells are abnormal, do not work properly, and is exaggerated. The excessive amount will result in accumulation of bone marrow blood cells, so that the healthy dignity will be reduced.
In addition to stacking, these abnormal cells can also spread to other organs, such as the liver, the lymph, the lungs, the kidneys, even to the brain and the spinal column.
Types of blood cancer
There are different types of blood cancer. Based on the speed of its development, this cancer can be classified into acute and chronic.
Blood cancer develops acutely rapidly by adding a number of abnormal white cells or cells that are immature and therefore may not function normally. This growth is very fast, so any spread in the blood flow. This type must be treated immediately. When left, the body is lacking oxygen and immune to diseases or infections.
In the meantime, chronic blood cancer develops slowly and in the long term. White blood cells that should be dead will remain alive and accumulate in the blood, bone marrow, and other organs associated with it. These cells are more mature, so it can work properly for a short time, therefore the symptoms tend to not immediately felt so recently not diagnosed after many years.
Blood cancer can also be categorized according to the type of white blood cells that will be attacked. Blood cancer that attacks the lymph cells as limfotik and leukemia cells that attack mieloid leukemia called Mielogen.
Based on the two aforementioned groupings, there are four types of blood cancer most commonly occurring. Here’s the explanation for each type.
Acute Limfotik leukemia or acute lymphatic leukemia (ALL)
All can inhibit lymphocyte functions, so a potentially severe infection Pengidapnya experienced. Blood cancer is usually from your children, but can also attack adults.
Acute Mielogen leukemia or Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
This is a type of blood cancer that usually attack adults. But AML can also take them from children and adolescents. This will make the cancer cells mieloid imperfect and may clog blood vessels.
Chronic Limfotik leukemia or chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
This type of blood cancer is only experienced by adults. The CLL has recently been detected at an advanced stage because patients do not experience symptoms for a long time.
Chronic Mielogen leukemia or chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
Types of blood cancer is mainly suffered by people with an age of over 20 years. CML has two stages. In the first stage, abnormal cells will gradually develop. If it enters the second phase, the number of abnormal cells will grow rapidly, so it will decrease drastically.
In general, the blood cancer or leukemia bone marrow concerns the production of white cells. Cells that are usually effective in eradicating this infection grows unusually, so that eventually do not function immune to their full potential.
Blood Cancer symptoms
Blood cancer symptoms are very diverse. Each suffering experience usually has a different indication, depending on the type of cancer of your blood.
Indication-an indication of cancer also tend to be difficult to know because it tends to be similar to other conditions, such as the flu. Therefore, we must be aware of common symptoms not improving or subletting more, such as:
• Weakness or fatigue.
• Excessive sweating, especially at night.
• Pain in the bones or joints.
• Weight loss.
• Swelling of the lymph, liver, or stain of the spleen.
• Occurring infections of severe or occur frequently.
• Light bleeding (like frequent nasal bleeding) or bruising.
• Red spots appear on the skin.
If you or your child experience any of the above symptoms, call immediately and check with your doctor. Especially for symptoms that often relapse or fail to improve.
Causes and risk factors of blood cancer
The root cause of blood cancer is not yet known for certain. However, the suspected mutation of the DNA in the white blood cell menyebebakan changes the activities of each cells, in addition, other changes in white blood cells due to a gene and environmental factors that also contribute to an estimated trigger leukemia.
Factors that could supposedly increase the risk of blood cancer include:
• Heredity or genetics. Sufferers of Down syndrome or other genetic disorders that increase the risk of experience of rare acute leukemia. While chronic lymphocytic leukemia is often passed into families and are usually experienced by men. In addition, a family history that has suffered from leukemia can also increase the risk of experiencing the same disease.
• Never undergo cancer treatment. Certain chemotherapy or radiotherapy is suspected may cause cancer of the blood.
• Never experienced exposure to high levels of radiation or certain chemical substances. For example, a person involved in accidents associated with nuclear reactors or other chemical substances such as benzene exposure.
Smoking. Smoking not only increases the risk of cancer of the blood (especially acute mielogen leukemia), but also a variety of other diseases.
However, most people with high risk from above are not using leukemia. On the other hand, the leukemia patients often found rather than on people who do not have these risks.
Diagnosis and treatment of blood cancer
At an early stage, the doctor will ask you the symptoms that existed before reviewing your physical condition. During physical examination, the doctor will look for some signs of leukemia such as pale skin due to anemia, swelling of the limfonodi, as well as the liver and spleen will be magnified. If doctors suspect that they have blood cancer, doctors will recommend that a more accurate examination, which includes tests of blood and bone marrow biopsy.
In a blood test, the doctor finds an anomaly of white blood cells or platelets. Leukemia sufferers generally have levels of white blood cells that are much higher than normal.
In addition, your doctor will probably recommend you to test the spinal cord. In this investigation, the doctor will use a long thin needle to take a sample of your spinal tissue. Tissue samples are then further investigated in the laboratory to demonstrate the types of blood cancer you are experiencing as well as a selection of the most appropriate treatment.
Blood cancer treatment
After a positive diagnosis of blood cancer, the doctor will discuss appropriate treatment measures. This type of treatment that you undertake depends on your age, your health condition, and the type or level of cancer of the blood that you gonzo.
The following are the treatment methods are commonly recommended to treat blood cancer, among other things:
• Chemotherapy is the most common therapy for leukemia cases. Treatment of chemotherapy with chemicals to kill cancer cells in the blood.
Rays. This treatment technique uses X-rays to destroy and inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Radiation therapy can only affect certain areas that are affected by cancer, or the entire body, depending on your condition. Radiation therapy can also be performed in preparation for the treatment of stem cell transplantation.
• Stem cell transplantation or stem cell to replace bone marrow, already broken with the healthy. Stem cells can be used from your own body or the body of other people as donors come. Chemotherapy or radiotherapy usually performed as preparatory steps before the transplant procedure.
• Targeted therapy for attacking the vulnerable parts in cancer cells.
• Biological therapies that help the immune system to detect and attack cancer cells.
• Anticipation with supervision. It is intended for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In this therapy, the observations are carried out carefully to see the progression of the disease. These therapies can also be performed when someone with chronic lymphocytic leukemia is proven, but no symptoms that show the disease.